We are always searching for ways to help our clients save money on their auto insurance. Saving money on car insurance is a relatively quick way to lower the cost of operating your car, and can be accomplished with a quick phone call to me. There are many ways to lower your insurance costs without eliminating needed coverage. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Use an independent agent to provide a quote. Craven Insurance is independent and has access to many markets that provide competitive premiums. We will shop the market for the best possible combination of coverage, price and service.
- Multi-vehicle discount (if you have more than one vehicle on the policy). Most insurers offer discounts if you insure more than one vehicle with them.
- Consider combining your home and auto together. Most companies will provide discounts if they write your home and auto together.
- You can receive discounts if you combine your home and auto with the same carrier.
- Consider raising your collision and comprehensive deductibles if your vehicles are older. According to the Insurance Information Institute, raising your deductibles from $200 to $500 could reduce the Collision and Comprehensive cost of your car insurance policy by 15 to 30 percent.
- Customer loyalty- if you stay with a company for a period of time, you can receive discounts each year.
- Some companies offer discounts of you pay your premium in full.
As your independent agent, we are here to help you find the best possible combination of price and coverage.