The FBI reports that in 2014 there were over nine million home property crimes in the United States. There are many things that you can do to protect your home from potential burglaries. Most homeowner’s insurance policies do cover loss from burglaries, but we know you would prefer not to have to deal with this situation.
- Get a security system.
- Be careful with your trash; don’t toss out personal information.
- Stop your mail and newspaper when traveling.
- Limit landscaping close to your house.
- Don’t advertise your vacation on social media.
- Leave lights on when gone.
- Always lock your garden sheds and garages.
- Use a variable light timer to activate lights inside your home.
- Lock your doors and windows.
- If you are gone, arrange for your lawn to be mowed.
- Have adequate exterior lighting.
Most of our company providers offer payment options including EFT, debit or credit cards, or pay in person at one of our offices. After you have become a client you will have your own agent who is familiar with your account, with back up from the rest of the Craven Insurance team. We offer car, home, renters, umbrella, recreational vehicle, valuable items, and boat insurance from companies that are strong and stable. Significant account credits are available for combining policies with one company.
Craven Insurance is a family owned, locally operated independent insurance agent and broker. As an independent insurance agent, we are able to provide the best possible insurance products and prices from a number of different insurance companies. We love our local Washington state communities in Whidbey Island and Lake Stevens, but we’re happy to provide coverage for you no matter where you are!