According to the FBI, there were over nine million property crimes in 2015. This would include home burglary, theft, vandalism, and arson. Some of our clients have suffered losses due to these crimes. We want to help you prevent property crimes from happening to you.
Homeowner’s insurance plays an important role in society. It protects your most important financial asset, your home. Homeowner’s insurance is designed to cover accidental loss or damage to your home and personal property. Homeowner’s insurance also covers your personal liability if someone is injured on your premises.
Home crime prevention tips
- Lock your doors. The police department strongly encourages homeowners and renters to lock all doors, windows, and any point of entry to their property to deter theft. Unlocked doors are the most common way burglars get into a home.
- Keep an outside light on at night. Thieves do not like light; they work better in the dark.
- Trim bushes close to your home. Having trees and bushes close to windows makes it easier for burglars to get into your home un-noticed.
- Stop paper, trash, and mail when travelling. If your paper piles up on your front porch, everyone will know you are gone.
- Keep bikes and other valuables locked up, or inside a garage or house. Thieves will always go to homes that are easy targets, and seeing a bike in the yard is like a free pass to a thief.
At Craven Insurance we offer you the flexibility of shopping for and purchasing insurance on-line, over the phone or in person at one of our office locations. Whatever your choice you will be dealing with experienced licensed insurance agents that work for you, not for the insurance companies. And you can mix and match, get a quote on-line and then make a personal appointment with one of our agents to review your options.