Auto Insurance Update
Summer has arrived and many people are hitting the road. In the summer months driving time increases, so it is important to be a defensive driver. In addition, in the summer, thousands of young, inexperienced drivers are on the roads, increasing the risk of accidents. We all want to have a safe and fun-filled summer, so here are some driving safety tips to ensure that your summer is truly enjoyable. Remember, we have access to very competitive auto rates, and we offer great service at affordable prices.
Summer Driving Safety Tips
- Do not drive if you are tired.
- Keep your tank full of gas.
- If it just rained, the road can be slick from road oils and water.
- Wear sunglasses help cut out glare.
- Watch for construction zones, as roadwork increases in the summer months.
- Never text and drive, and always wear your seatbelt.
- Bicycles and motorcycles are sharing the roadways. All drivers must be carefully educated to watch for, and avoid, bicyclists and motorcyclists.
- Make sure your brakes are working correctly.
- It is important to use your headlights in the daytime, not so much, so that you can see, but so that other cars can see you.
- Check your tires, and make sure they are fully inflated.
Remember weather conditions can change quickly, so plan extra time to get where you are going. Don’t ever assume your time on the road will be uneventful. You could be stuck in traffic for extended periods, so it is always a good idea to travel with water and some energy. Craven Insurance is a family owned, locally operated independent insurance agent and broker. As an independent insurance agent, we are able to provide the best possible insurance products and prices from a number of different insurance companies. We love our local Washington state communities in Whidbey Island and Lake Stevens, but we’re happy to provide coverage for you no matter where you are!