How To Prepare For A Deposition
Hopefully, you or your Whidbey Island business will never be involved in litigation. But if you are sued, your business insurance will offer defense if the claim is covered under your business insurance policy. Your business insurance carrier will become involved with defending you in court, and part of that process includes depositions.
The deposition process will include the individuals involved in the litigation. This is where both sides interview the parties to get facts about the circumstances that cased the claims or loss. A deposition is a question-and-answer session that takes place in an attorney’s office. Usually present are the attorneys for the parties, the parties themselves, and a court reporter. It will be important to think about the following items as you plan for possible litigation.
Here are some things to thing about
- Always be represented with legal counsel.
- Do not be afraid to stop and ask your attorney questions.
- You will be under oath, so tell the truth.
- If you do not know the answers say so.
- Answer only the question, do no tell a story.
- Do not guess.
- If you need time to think about your answer, that is ok.
- Never guess in response to a question!
- Only answer the questions that are asked.
Craven Insurance is a family owned, locally operated independent insurance agent and broker. As an independent insurance agent, we are able to provide the best possible insurance products and prices from a number of different insurance companies. We love our local Washington state communities in Whidbey Island and Lake Stevens, but we’re happy to provide coverage for you no matter where you are!