Black Friday is coming and that means we are getting close to the Holiday Season. During the next 40 days, we will all be busy shopping, eating out and traveling. We can help make sure all your new gifts are properly insured, call us today. This is especially true if you have purchased jewelry, guns or art. It is best to call us to make sure it is properly covered under your Whidbey Island homeowner’s insurance policy
Please keep these safety tips in mind, so that you can enjoy the season without incident:
Whidbey Island Shopping Safety Tips
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Put your shopping bags in your trunk.
- NEVER leave car doors unlocked or windows open.
- ALWAYS park in lighted areas. Do NOT park in remote areas.
- Shop with a friend.
- Keep receipts in your wallet or purse.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- As you return to your car, make sure to keep your car key in your hand.
- If you make expensive purchases like jewelry or guns, call our office as we may need to add these to your policy.
Home Safety Tips
If you are planning to vacation during the holiday, here are few ideas to consider:
- Get a security system.
- Trim landscaping that is too close to your house.
- Don’t advertise your vacation on social media.
- Cancel mail and other deliveries.
- Leave lights on when gone.
- Have a neighbor check on your home.
- Always lock your garden sheds and garages.
- Use a variable light timer to activate lights inside your home.
- Lock all doors and windows.
- If you gone, arrange for your lawn to be mowed.
- Have adequate exterior lighting
Craven Insurance is a family owned, locally operated independent insurance agent and broker. As an independent insurance agent, we can provide the best possible insurance products and prices from a number of different insurance companies. We love our local Washington state communities in Whidbey Island and Lake Stevens, but we’re happy to provide coverage for you no matter where you are