A Personal Insurance and Safety Update
Home safety is very important to all homeowners. You want your home to be a place where family and friends can live and play without the risk of injury or accidents. You buy homeowner’s insurance to cover accidents and losses that may occur, and that is a good thing. A good way to keep your homeowner’s insurance cost as low as possible is to keep you home as safe as possible. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Fix all leaks in foundations and/or roofs.
- Install smoke detectors in every bedroom and keep them in working order.
- Have a fire extinguisher on each floor of your home. Test it annually.
- Trim all trees that are close to your house.
- Check to make sure you do not have any lead paint in your home. If you find lead paint, have it replaced.
- Invest in a home security system. Many good ones do not require hardwiring. Some systems also include video monitoring.
- Use timers on outside lights.
Do you need a homeowner’s insurance quote? Talk to us today about keeping your home and family protected.