Many people will be traveling this holiday season. Travel can be stressful during the holiday. We want to help reduce your stress by providing some helpful tips.
Remember to get a homeowner’s insurance checkup before you go. We can help to make sure you have the best possible combination of coverage, price, and service.
Travel Stress Reducers
• Allow plenty of time
• Don’t over pack
• Attend to car meantime
• Use technology to help you (ride share and travel updates)
• Take a break to have a cup of coffee
Home Safety Tips
• Get a security system.
• Trim landscaping that is too close to your house.
• Don’t advertise your vacation on social media.
• Cancel mail and other deliveries.
• Use apps to track home deliveries and arrange pick-up
• Have a neighbor check on your home.
• Always lock your garden sheds and garages.
• Use a variable light timer to activate lights inside your home.
• Never put your home address on your luggage tags. Write your phone number instead.
• Set automatic timers to turn your lights and a radio on and off.
We’re constantly on the lookout for ways to save you money. Here is a sample list of areas where discounts apply – but please contact us for a complete list!