Wintertime Motorcycle Dangers
With winter weather comes the need to motorcycle riders to be extra careful. The roads are generally slicker and wet creating hazardous conditions. Having the right frame of mind when riding your motorcycle can help prevent accidents.
Motorcycle insurance should be an important part of your planning. Our insurance policies cover all kinds of motorcycles, from sport bikes, cruisers, standard, touring bikes, custom motorcycles, scooters and classic motorcycles. Our policies can also cover custom equipment, medical payments and towing and labor. Make sure each piece of special equipment is listed on your motorcycle insurance policy.
1. Wear a Helmet. Buy a full-face helmet for the best protection for your head and eyes.
2. Get to know your bike’s capabilities.
3. Check lights on a regular basis.
4. Always wear protective clothing.
5. Never pass between vehicles.
6. Use your headlamps both night and day, and wear yellow, red or orange jackets to make yourself easy to see.
You might consider taking a motorcycle safety class. Riders who attend safe riding courses may also qualify for insurance discounts. Contact us to find out more.
Craven Insurance is a family owned, locally operated independent insurance agent and broker. As an independent insurance agent, we can provide the best possible insurance products and prices from a number of different insurance companies. We love our local Washington state communities in Whidbey Island and Lake Stevens, but we’re happy to provide coverage for you no matter where you are