According to Identity Theft Info.com, Approximately 15 million United States residents have their identities used fraudulently each year, with financial losses totaling upwards of $50 billion.
Identity Theft Insurance
We can offer you the option of adding identity theft coverage to your personal insurance program. While some polices may include a small amount of coverage, we at Craven Insurance want you to be informed. Contact us today!
Identity Theft Prevention Tips:
1. Order a credit report annually.
2. Some credit cards now offer credit information on every statement.
3. Carefully read all statements.
4. Pay your bills online using a secure site if that service is available.
5. Check and verify all charges on credit card statements.
6. Don’t put outgoing mail, especially bill payments, in personal curbside mail boxes.
7. Keep important documents in a safe.
8. Don’t travel with all your credit cards, only take what you need.
9. Buy a shredder and use it.
10. Create passwords or PIN numbers out of a random mix of letters and numbers.
11. Limit information on social media.
12. Don’t give out your financial or personal information over the phone or Internet.
13. Don’t open emails from people you don’t know.
14. Keep your computer’s operating system, browser, and security up to date.
15. Use anti-virus software, anti-spyware software, and a firewall.
Call us today for a free identity theft insurance quote. Identity theft insurance can provide valuable coverage and resources when you need the most.
Craven Insurance is a family owned, locally operated independent insurance agent and broker. As an independent insurance agent, we are able to provide the best possible insurance products and prices from a number of different insurance companies. We love our local Washington state communities in Whidbey Island and Lake Stevens, but we’re happy to provide coverage for you no matter where you are!